WeForest is a fast-growing non-profit organization protecting and restoring forests and funded by businesses and philanthropists. You will be our chief storyteller: inspiring action, building trust and credibility for the WeForest brand. This is a fantastic opportunity to use your creative skills and experience with an international team, develop knowledge in our industry and contribute to an important cause.
- Permanent contract, as employee or consultant depending on country of residence
- Location: flexible – European location
- Attractive package for a small size NGO
- Starting date: ASAP, job will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
What you can expect
- Join a dynamic and fun team working in an organization that respects and values its employees
- Enjoy turning raw information into inspiring content to move your audience and invite them to join us
- Make a real impact by attracting new partners to our cause
- Work in a fast-growing climate-action organization
- Benefit from training and development opportunities
- We offer an informal office environment, remote opportunities, and respect for autonomy
As chief storyteller, you will lead a small team to develop and implement inspiring and engaging communication and content strategies that support our current partners and position us as the go-to organization for new funding partners.
- Communication and content strategy and planning: by understanding the needs and drivers of our different audiences, you develop the right messages using the right platforms for maximum impact.
- Content production and management: You can create content yourself, though more often you will facilitate and manage the production of finished content (e.g., annual report, video scripts and videos, presentations, special campaigns, etc) with assistance from the team and freelance support. You will identify and manage the process to deliver on time and budget.
- Lead, shape and manage written content for web, social media etc. in close collaboration with our fundraising, science and operations teams. You will keep up to date with industry trends, advise on and adjust the content strategy and editorial line as necessary.
- Editing: Acting as editor-in-chief for all content, you will ensure quality, clarity and consistency of brand voice, style and tone.
- Website: Supervise the (soon-to-be-launched) website management ensuring its content and editorial is on-point and aligned.
- You don’t have to be an SEO specialist, but you know how it can support our cause and you can manage our external SEO/SEA consultants to build organic search traffic over time; using results to optimize your communications and content.
- Analytics and Tracking: Track and measure the impact of our content and ensure we adjust our approach where necessary. This will include editorial content audits to identify gaps and inconsistencies.
Required skills and qualifications
You LOVE, LOVE, LOVE writing and storytelling, have outstanding writing skills and storytelling capacities with an editorial eye; you also have:
- A passion for our mission, and commitment to our vision and values.
- Masters/Degrees in journalism, translation, communication, marketing, advertising (as copywriter or another relevant field and/or at least 5 years of relevant professional experience with a similar role
- Outstanding spoken and written English, good knowledge of at least a second European language is an asset
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience of creating forest conservation/nature/climate/sustainable landscapes related content strongly (preferred)
And you are:
- A creative thinker combined with a committed and enthusiastic personality
- Able to develop and nurture relationships both internally and externally, including complex multi-stakeholder relationships.
- Solution-oriented with a can-do attitude, meticulous and attentive to details.
- Able to manage multiple content projects and stakeholder demands simultaneously including people and agency/freelance management
WeForest is an international non-profit association headquartered in Belgium with the mission to conserve and restore the ecological integrity of forests and landscapes, engaging communities to implement and deliver lasting solutions for climate, nature and people.
Position within We Forest
In this position you will be report to the Director of Partnerships and Communications based in London, and work closely with the team – as well as operational staff.