- Permanent contract, as employee or consultant depending on country of residence
- Location: Europe
- Attractive package for a small size NGO
- Starting date: ASAP, job will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
An ideal candidate has experience with project finance for nature-based projects and ideally experience analyzing structures for carbon finance.
- Work with the business development leadership to inform go-to-market strategy for financing projects
- Recommend and develop appropriate business and finance models to fund these projects.
- Develop standardized and scalable investment structures.
- Oversee, organize and mitigate the contractual legal and risk management exposures of the new projects.
- Understand client needs, gather market intelligence, identify industry trends and develop business propositions.
- Contribute to the portfolio pipeline valuation, including project due diligence, budget reviews, negotiating investment agreements and portfolio management.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A dynamic professional who shares the passion for our mission and the willingness to make a difference.
- A university degree in finance, business- and/or sustainability-related field
- At least 7 to 10 years of experience with project finance, assessing investment structures, and leading strategy and budgeting processes.
- Knowledge and expertise in environmental markets, especially in voluntary carbon markets. Experience with analysis, structuring, and valuation of natural resources and/or other investments.
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to structure and negotiate commercially sound and profitable deals.
The ideal candidate will also be:
- Experienced in at least one of the following areas: climate change, nature-based solutions, international development and poverty alleviation.
- Adaptable and flexible and have the confidence and credibility to work effectively with a wide range of high-level stakeholders.
- Fluent in English, with Spanish, Portuguese, French and additional languages as a strong advantage.
POSITION WITHIN WEFOREST
This position reports to the Finance Director and works closely with the Fundraising Director to further develop and strengthen our credibility towards our key partners on carbon credit projects.