Do you want to become WeForest's Country Representative in Brazil?
We are expanding our team!
WeForest is looking for an experienced Country Representative for Brazil to develop, manage and coordinate Forest Landscape Restoration project(s) and associated applied research.
WeForest is a non-profit organisation with the mission to advance innovative, scalable and lasting solutions to restore forest landscapes for climate, people and planet. The successful candidate will become part of an ambitious and dynamic international NGO, driving its forest landscape restoration (FLR) agenda in Brazil.
You will report to the Chief Operational Officer (COO) based in Belgium and to the Chief Science Officer (CSO) based in the UK.
The project coordinator will engage in:
- Supervision, planning & coordination of Forest Landscape Restoration (FLR) project(s) in Brazil
- Monitoring & Evaluation: auditing, collection of quantitative & qualitative field data (socioeconomic data, ecological data, etc.), analyses and interpretation of such data, the production of communication materials and timely reporting
- Program leadership to ensure high-quality implementation of project activities, budgeting and attainment of objectives
- Risk analysis and forecasting
- Providing and facilitating technical advice to ensure project outputs are according to standards
- Facilitating and coordinating consultancies, reporting for third parties
- Strategic partnership -sharing knowledge with partners and networks, contributing to the development of a network of strategic partnerships to advance FLR in Brazil and internationally
- Develop, organize, implement and report on applied research activities in line with organizational strategy
- Engage in research and scholarly activities such as scholarly reports and peer-reviewed publications
Qualifications and Person Specification:
- Relevant postgraduate degree (preferably PhD) and proven expertise in forest ecology or other relevant discipline, with at least 10 years of experience.
- Forest ecology & socio-economic auditing skills: SMA protocol & carbon protocol knowledge is essential
- Excellent project management expertise, finance and process improvement expertise
- Excellent critical thinking, data analysis & academic writing for engaging in scientific research is essential
- Presentation skills, excellent written and verbal English and Portuguese.
- Analytic, systematic & computer skills (including statistical packages)
- Full time availability (negotiable) and flexible to travel
- Strong people skills with the ability to work in multi-sectoral environments
- Independent & proactive, results-driven and transparent decision-making is essential
Please only apply if you do meet these criteria.
The Candidate will be hired as a consultant during a trial period with the option to move to a long-term contract.
To apply, please provide 1) a motivation letter in which you specify your earning expectations in USD per annum; 2) a CV/resume that includes 3 recent references, and 3) we ask you to submit a short concept note of an FLR project that you would design in Brazil (max. 2 pages): identify an area with real FLR potential, describe your rational and design choices paying attention to methodology, risk factors and other relevant issues. We are interested in your thinking around these issues.
Want to apply?
Email with subject “Application Country Representative Brazil – “your name” to email@example.com.
We aim to respond to all complete applications. The opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We shall notify on the progress of the selection process on our website.
Thank you for your interest,
The WeForest Team – Making Earth Cooler.