- Organisation: WeForest asbl/vzw
- Scope: WeForest Global (Brussels HQ + entities in Ethiopia, Zambia, and Malawi)
- Location: Belgium, Netherlands, UK, or Europe
- Reporting to: Director Partnerships
- Work percentage: 100%
- Expected start date: ASAP, latest 1st October 2023
- Type of contract: Employee or consultant (depending on preference and country of residence)
Reporting to the Director of Partnerships based in London, the Senior Manager will have a key role in exploring new sectors and geographies to enhance our portfolio and diversify our income streams.
In the role of Senior Corporate Partnerships Manager, your task is twofold: cultivating new relationships and strengthening existing ones to help reach our €10 million fundraising target. Beyond that, your priority will be navigating and responding to an increasingly crowded sector – ensuring WeForest’s differentiated value is clear to corporate sponsors. Leveraging your leadership skills, you will contribute significantly to the growth and dynamism of our team, instilling a culture that resonates with our mission and values.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Nurturing Funders: Create and implement stewardship plans for key accounts, ensuring regular engagement and communication.
- Pipeline Building: Identify and research new funding opportunities, leveraging personal network, social media and working closely with communications and marketing colleagues.
- Reporting & Content Creation: Drive content creation for updates, newsletters, and personalised content for partners. Handle inbound inquiries promptly.
- Strategic & Hands-on: Define and implement strategic approaches for business partnerships. Collaborate with the comms team on strategy and sales campaigns.
- Partner Growth: Identify and action growth opportunities within existing partners. Prepare and submit proposals for renewed funding.
- Proposal Development: Create compelling proposals for new prospects and conduct follow-up meetings.
- Meeting Facilitation: Join client meetings with Director Partnerships and other stakeholders.
- Salesforce Management (CRM): Keep Salesforce opportunities up-to-date, including meeting notes, close dates etc.
- Lead Handling: Respond to all inbound enquiries.
- Collaboration: Work with strategic partners on ideas to strengthen our proposition.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Significant experience in corporate fundraising/sponsorship or partnerships, ideally in the non-profit sector and with good knowledge of our work (forest conservation, nature regeneration and livelihoods)
- Proven ability to identify, secure, and manage corporate partnerships.
- Passionate about the mission of WeForest and the broader sustainability and conservation sector.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to represent WeForest publicly.
- Coachable and open to feedback.
- Able to adapt in a dynamic work environment and manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Willingness to travel to our partner countries and teams.
- Fluent spoken and written English; proficiency in additional European languages is a strong advantage.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Position: Full-time employee contract, preferably based in Belgium or neighbouring countries.
- Start date: As soon as possible, target would be no later than October 1st, 2023.
- Competitive package for an NGO.
WeForest is a dynamic non-profit organisation restoring and conserving forests on a landscape scale, maximising the impact of trees for People, Nature, and Climate. We adopt a holistic Forest Landscape Restoration (FLR) model with a three-pronged approach: Stewardship, Restoration, and Economic Resilience. Through four global programs and 17 tailored, community-led projects across Latin America, Africa, and Asia, we’re regenerating 53,000 hectares of forest, growing 82 million trees, and uplifting the livelihoods of 67,000 families.
By recognizing the vital role of forests in mitigating climate change, enhancing water resources, promoting biodiversity, and improving rural livelihoods and resilience, we strive to make a lasting positive impact on the environment and communities.
We place great importance on values…
…and seek to recruit colleagues who align with our organizational principles. We are committed to promoting a work environment characterized by collaboration, courage, excellence, integrity, passion, and transparency. We believe that these values are essential for driving positive change and achieving our mission of forest restoration and sustainable development. Thus, we require candidates to wholeheartedly embrace and embody these values throughout their work with us.