HR Manager, WeForest Zambia
WeForest is hiring an experienced Human Resource Manager, who will contribute the growth and consolidation of human resources in the organization, both at project and cross-project level. He/she will be responsible for all human resources and related administrative matters of WeForest Zambia and will support the different teams in facilitating the forest and landscape restoration programmes.
WeForest has been active around agroforestry, farm forestry and sustainable reforestation in Zambia since 2011. WeForest Zambia Ltd. was established in 2019 with six projects currently running: two in the Copperbelt and four in Muchinga province. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES The HR Manager co-develops the relevant HR strategies and policies to support the growth of the organization, by ensuring that we can attract the right profiles, develop our people from a training and needs perspective and create an enabling HR framework for an efficient organization with motivated employees. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives at country level, aligned with the overall global strategy;
- Co-develop recruitment policy, Human rights policy and Grievance mechanisms;
- Monitor and advise the overall HR policies and procedures within WeForest Zambia;
- Support and identify current and future staff needs, identify trainings for the development, engagement, and motivation of our staff;
- Manage the recruitment and selection process of future employees;
- Nurture a positive working environment;
- Oversee, manage and implement the timely performance appraisal system that drives high performance;
- Provide individual coaching and support to project coordinators in project team supervision and management;
- Organize regular team meetings and team buildings across the project teams in Zambia, making sure you visit project teams in real life on a regular basis (min. quarterly);
- Maintain pay plan and benefits/bonus program;
- Provide training related to HR needs in the company;
- Provide decision support through HR metrics;
- Strengthen Code of Professional Ethics compliance and alert procedure;
- Ensure legal and ethical compliance throughout human resource management as well as overall risk management processes related to health and safety of staff (i.e. risk management);
- Organize other admin related tasks when needed.
- Relevant degree in HR Management. Extra qualifications in coaching or ethics management is a plus;
- 5 years of experience with similar responsibilities;
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures;
- Excellent knowledge of Zambian labor law and employment act is a must;
- NGO/Charity experience preferable. Field experience an asset;
- Fluent in English and Bemba, both oral and in writing;
- Excellent communication and people skills. Exceptional listening skills;
- And… Since WeForest is still a small organisation, very hands-on!
How to apply
Please apply by sending your application in English to email@example.com with your CV, a motivation letter and the contact of 2 recent references by July 31st 2022. Due to the anticipated high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. We thank you in advance for your interest.