WeForest has been active around agroforestry, farm forestry and sustainable reforestation in Zambia since 2011. WeForest Zambia Ltd. was established in 2019 with six projects currently running: two in the Copperbelt and four in Muchinga province.
The HR Manager co-develops the relevant HR strategies and policies to support the growth of the organization, by ensuring that we can attract the right profiles, develop our people from a training and needs perspective and create an enabling HR framework for an efficient organization with motivated employees.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives at country level, aligned with the overall global strategy;
- Co-develop recruitment policy, Human rights policy and Grievance mechanisms;
- Monitor and advise the overall HR policies and procedures within WeForest Zambia;
- Support and identify current and future staff needs, identify trainings for the development, engagement, and motivation of our staff;
- Manage the recruitment and selection process of future employees;
- Nurture a positive working environment;
- Oversee, manage and implement the timely performance appraisal system that drives high performance;
- Provide individual coaching and support to project coordinators in project team supervision and management;
- Organize regular team meetings and team buildings across the project teams in Zambia, making sure you visit project teams in real life on a regular basis (min. quarterly);
- Maintain pay plan and benefits/bonus program;
- Provide training related to HR needs in the company;
- Provide decision support through HR metrics;
- Strengthen Code of Professional Ethics compliance and alert procedure;
- Ensure legal and ethical compliance throughout human resource management as well as overall risk management processes related to health and safety of staff (i.e. risk management);
- Organize other admin related tasks when needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant degree in HR Management. Extra qualifications in coaching or ethics management is a plus;
- 5 years of experience with similar responsibilities;
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures;
- Excellent knowledge of Zambian labor law and employment act is a must;
- NGO/Charity experience preferable. Field experience an asset;
- Fluent in English and Bemba, both oral and in writing;
- Excellent communication and people skills. Exceptional listening skills;
- And… Since WeForest is still a small organisation, very hands-on!
POSITION WITHIN WEFOREST
The HR Manager will report to the Country Director and work closely with the Manager of Operations. The role also has a dotted line reporting to WeForest’s HR Director at the Headquarters, to ensure alignment with the global HR strategic needs and policies.