The candidate must have a “can do” attitude and looking for new challenges who can adapt to a fluid work environment and an occasionally demanding schedule. In return, you will be a part of a motivated, highly skilled team and contribute to the growth and positive direction of our projects.
- Classify satellite image;
- Map canopy cover;
- Monitor soil moisture.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- You have proven expertise in remote sensing data processing and geo-information systems;
- You have sound programming skills in Python, or R, or Google Earth Engine;
- Expertise in applying machine learning techniques on remote sensing data is an asset;
- Specific expertise in SAR Remote Sensing is an asset;
- Writing and presentation skills in English is key;
- Ability to process, analyze, and model data in geospatial software (e.g., QGIS, Esri ArcGIS).
- Knowledge of satellite imagery.
- Proficiency in coding with Python (Jupyter notebooks, Anaconda), or R (raster and/or terra, RStudio), or Google Earth Engine.
- Experience in the use of geospatial technologies to forest mapping and monitoring.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, working knowledge of Google Docs, working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange.
- Attention to detail and a sense of responsibility.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Good communication in English (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn.
- You have a strong interest in working in an international environment.
Bachelor or Master student in Science, Engineering, Environmental studies or equivalent. Or professional certification in geography, GIS, or remote sensing.
- Be part of a motivated and highly skilled team in an international environment.
- Contribute to promoting Forest and Landscape Restoration.
- 3 months full-time internship, can be extended to 6 months.
- We provide a daily allowance to cover transport and food expenses.