In this role you will:
- Undertaking GIS and remote sensing tasks in support of project feasibility studies, certification development (e.g. carbon certification) and project implementation.
- Analysis of quantitative and/or qualitative datasets to support project and HQ level M&E and reporting
- Ensure the cleanliness and accuracy of WeForest Geodata to support mapping processes.
- Coordinate with M&E Manager to review and organise existing data holdings
- Coach and develop capacities of the projects’ teams on monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Aggregate data from the different project teams on a regular basis
- Assist them in their methodology to collect and analyze data
- Coordinate with M&E Manager to develop and provide training in GIS, remote sensing and other data analysis methods to build in-house and partner capacity
- Ensure the teams follow data storage guidelines
- Check and contribute to improve data quality with project teams
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduated professional (Masters minimum) in a relevant field e.g. environmental sciences, geography, earth observation and geographical information science
- Strong GIS and remote sensing skills demonstrated in the field of land use change dynamics e.g. land cover classification, cover change.
- Demonstrated experience of analyzing complex datasets from the biophysical sciences e.g. forest inventory datasets
- Advanced knowledge of using GIS software, preferably QGIS (Essential)
- Advanced knowledge of using Microsoft Excel (Essential)
- Experience of using advanced statistical software for data analysis e.g. R
- Knowledge in Carbon accounting methodologies expertise is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, clearly a team player
- Fluent spoken and written English. Other languages (French, Spanish, Portuguese or some Asian languages) are a big plus
- Flexibility to travel regularly