Global warming is one of the biggest challenges of our time and large-scale forest conservation & restoration will help reverse it. The task is gigantic, yet it is feasible, and we know we cannot succeed alone: climate action requires game-changing corporate partnerships. This is a unique opportunity to have a real and tangible impact for the world.
In this role you will:
- Participate in developing a partnership strategy and plan
- Take responsibility for securing new global, high impact funding from companies, with a focus on multiyear partnerships.
- Manage incoming enquiries with the support of the Partnerships Officer to manage and respond to all daily incoming enquiries in Salesforce.
- Write inspiring proposals and deliver compelling pitches.
- Manage specific accounts. While some of the partnerships you successfully develop may be nurtured by the Corporate Partnerships Manager, you may be required to become the key account manager for several partners.
- Build excellent internal working relationships to engage staff at all levels to support you to meet your fundraising goals effectively.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
With a proven track record of securing high value corporate partnerships in a commercial or charity setting, you will also have:
- A passion for our cause and love the challenge of building corporate partnerships.
- Experience in some of the following subjects: climate change, nature-based solutions, international development and/or poverty alleviation.
- A proven track record of building and maintaining/ managing successful income generation (6+figures) from corporate partners.
- Natural leadership with an ability to create a vision for how partnerships can work for companies, and your creativity means you can translate all the different aspects of our work into meaningful and compelling opportunities to meet the needs and expectations of corporate partners.
- Practical experience in effectively using relevant marketing and social media platforms to reach companies and generate new leads.
- Excellent planning, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication in English and at least one other European language; able to translate complex details into concise and impactful information.
- Experience of using a CRM/Salesforce.
And you are:
- Externally focused and proactive, with the energy and passion to engage people, negotiate and persuade.
- Organized and methodical to plan and deliver against a varied workload, managing competing priorities under your own initiative and to strict deadlines.
- Adaptable and flexible and have the confidence and credibility to work effectively with a wide range of high-level stakeholders.
WeForest is an international non-profit association headquartered in Belgium with the mission to conserve and restore the ecological integrity of forests and landscapes, engaging communities to implement and deliver lasting solutions for climate, nature and people. We promote science and best practices in a culture of sharing and inclusion, so that others can replicate and augment what we do.
POSITION WITHIN WEFOREST
In this position you will report to the Director of Partnerships based in London, and work closely with the partnerships and communications team – as well as operational staff – to gain project knowledge and be able to create compelling opportunities.