By investing in WeForest, our partners contribute to a comprehensive and holistic solution that addresses both social challenges and climate justice.
A new paradigm for forest restoration
Our unique Forest and Landscape Restoration (FLR) model is grounded in three core principles: stewardship, restoration, and economic resilience. By collaborating with local communities, we co-cultivate community-based forest governance, co-create customized forest restoration strategies, and co-develop resilient forest-friendly income models. Choosing WeForest means joining a movement that has restored 52 000 hectares of forest, grown nearly 82 million trees, and touched the lives of 67 000 families – on our way to 100 million trees and 100 000 hectares by 2025.
Forests as catalysts for change
Forests are a linchpin to addressing intertwined social and environmental challenges on a global scale. Our model is aligned to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and to the Decade on Ecosystem Restoration’s ambitious target of restoring 350 million hectares by 2030:
- Economy (SDG 8): Forests create 13.2 million jobs, $88 billion in revenue, with the potential for 10 million more jobs and $12 billion by 2030.
- Nutrition (SDG 2): Forests provide 20% of daily nutrition for over 1 billion people.
- Gender Equality (SDG 5): Gender-focused FLR programs can raise women’s income by 30% and cut deforestation by 25%.
- Water (SDG 6): Forest conservation can lower flood risks by 95% and boosts water supply by 30-40%.
- Climate & Biodiversity (SDGs 13 & 15): Forest initiatives remove 3.3 billion tonnes of CO2 annually (10-20% of current emissions) and could prevent 60% of species extinctions.
Metrics that matter
At WeForest, we translate and embed these forest-human synergies in both our programs and our monitoring and evaluation metrics. Through specialized economic initiatives like beekeeping, animal husbandry, and tree and non-tree crop distribution, we measure success by the families prospering and the growth of diverse, dependable income sources. By merging nature’s regeneration with socioeconomic advancement, we guarantee long-term outcomes for forests and people.
Become a WeForest partner
We invite corporations, impact investors, and philanthropists to join our mission to foster healthy forests and healthy communities. With nearly 50% of our average project budget already dedicated to economic resilience programs, your partnership will enable us to deepen and scale our impact on people, nature, and climate. To learn more, contact our Head of Impact Partnerships, Dave Bircher, at firstname.lastname@example.org.